Get the Skills to Become a Payroll Administrator
Payroll Administrator Diploma Program in as Little as 15 Weeks*
If you’re fair, organized and take satisfaction in compensating people for their time and labour then consider becoming a Payroll Administrator.
The Payroll Administrator Diploma program will give you a solid foundation to launch a career in the thriving field of Financial Administration. This program will prepare you to manage the financial aspect of your future administrative duties, as well as manage payroll procedure on a broader scale.
Become a Confident Payroll Professional
With the Payroll Administrator Diploma program you’ll learn essential bookkeeping and payroll skills. You’ll gain in-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures including the preparation of financial statements, business transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable and HST.
Once you complete the Diploma you’ll be able to:
- use the double entry system and accounting cycle;
- understand HST and file HST returns;
- enter accounting information in A/R, A/P and perform reconciliations;
- prepare financial statements like balance sheets, income statements and expenses;
- gain knowledge of Payroll and its Compliance Environment;
- demonstrate an understanding of Employment Insurance Requirements;
- prepare Records of Employment and Worker’s Compensation Remittances;
- prepare invoices, journal entries, ledger and financial reports;
- enter payroll hours, prepare pay cheques and pay statements; and,
- understand Provincial and Territorial Legislation in Quebec and Non-Quebec jurisdictions.
Is a Business Career Right for You? Find Out! Take the CCBST "Business Career Training Readiness Quiz"
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Business career training readiness score now >>
During the Payroll Administrator Diploma program you’ll learn:
- CPA – Payroll Compliance Legislation
- CPA – Payroll Fundamentals 1
- CPA – Payroll Fundamentals 2
Graduates of the Payroll Administrator Diploma program will be able to pursue employment in various positions, including:
- Payroll Officer
- Payroll and Benefits Administrator
- Payroll Assistant
- Pay Advisor
- Time Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Salary Administration Officer
Funding Your Education
CCBST is an excellent option for individuals who want to get ahead without a major financial burden. At CCBST, tuition is more affordable than larger schools while maintaining the same quality of education.
You may also be eligible to receive OSAP (Government Financial Aid) as all CCBST programs are full time.
Lastly, you may qualify for Second Career Eligibility Ontario. The Second Career program provides support to laid-off employees who will benefit from retraining to find work. Please contact a CCBST admissions representative to see if you meet the criteria.
For more information about Financial Aid and Second Career Training click here.
Is a Career in Payroll Administration Right For You? Get More Info…
To learn more about our Payroll Administration Diploma program and to find out if CCBST is right for you, fill out the form to receive more information.
For immediate questions or to speak with a friendly CCBST Admissions Advisor, call:
*15 week program length when completed in normal time.