Get the Skills to Become a Data Analyst
57-Week* Online or On-Campus Big Data Analytics Program
If you are looking for a quick way to become a Data Analyst, look no further. This program will provide you with the skills and hands-on training you need to start a rewarding career in the Data Analytics industry. If you are an analytical person with excellent critical thinking skills, a career as a Data Analyst could be right for you.
You have the choice to complete the Big Data Analytics Diploma on-campus or online through distance education. If you live near the Greater Toronto Area, our campuses are open for students looking for hands-on, practical application. Alternatively, distance education is available to students looking to pursue an education and get the flexibility and support needed to succeed.
Become a Qualified Data Analyst
From this program, you will get an introduction to working with Big Data and fundamental concepts such as:
- Data mining, stream processing, and technologies for Big Data scenarios
- Various data genres and management tools
- How Big Data is driving organizational change
- Key challenges organizations face with trying to analyze massive data sets
- The reasoning behind new Big Data platforms from the perspective of Big Data management systems
By the end of this program, you will have a better understanding of the various applications of Big Data methods in industry and research.
Big Data Analytics: Practicum (400 hours)
Is a Career as a Big Data Analyst Right for You? Take the ``CCBST Big Data Analyst Career Training Readiness Quiz``
This fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Big Data Analyst career training readiness score now>>
The best way to see if CCBST is the right fit for you is to see it for yourself. You can tour our facilities, and meet with both students and instructors. Book a Tour Now or Get more information.
During the Big Data Analytics Diploma program you can expect to learn:
- Word Level 1 and Level 2
- Excel Level 1 and Level 2
- Introduction to Data Analytics for Business
- Predictive Modeling and Analytics
- Business Analytics for Decision Making
- Introduction to Big Data
- Big Data Modeling and Management Systems
- Big Data Integration and Processing
- Big Data Automation Techniques
- NoSQL Database and Work Flow Automation
- Introduction to Hadoop
- Python Programming Language
- SPARK Programming Language
- Machine Learning with SPARK
- Advanced NoSQL Databases and Handling Streaming Data
Graduates of the Big Data Analytics Diploma program will be able to start their career with entry-level positions in medium to large-sized companies in roles such as:
- Database Analyst
- Data Warehouse Administrator/Analyst
- Information Resources Analyst
- Data Administrator
- Data Analyst – Informatics and Systems
- Data Custodian
- Data Miner
- Data Processing Specialist
- Database Administrator (DBA)
- Electronic Data Processing (EDP) Analyst
Thank you to all my teachers and CCBST for taking the time to teach me. I have learned a lot, and I feel that you have prepared me very well … You gave me the skills, knowledge, and confidence I need to be successful in my job. Many thanks to you all.
Funding Your Education
CCBST is an excellent option for individuals who want to get ahead without a major financial burden. At CCBST, tuition is more affordable than larger schools while maintaining the same quality of education.
You may also be eligible to receive OSAP (Government Financial Aid) as all CCBST programs are full time.
Lastly, you may qualify for Second Career Eligibility Ontario. The Second Career program provides support to laid-off employees who will benefit from retraining to find work. Please contact a CCBST admissions representative to see if you meet the criteria.
For more information about Financial Aid and Second Career Training click here.
Is a Rewarding Career as a Big Data Analyst Right for You? Get More Info…
To learn more about careers as a Big Data Analyst and to find out if CCBST is right for you, fill out the form to receive more information.
For immediate questions or to speak with a friendly CCBST Admissions Advisor, call:
North York 416-960-5621
*Program length when completed in normal time.